These BBQ cauliflower wings are a game changer! I served these “wings” to meat-eaters and they were even impressed. Serve with a side of fresh guacamole and you’ve got a killer appetizer or lunch! Vegan, gluten-free and much healthier option than traditional wings!
These cauliflower wings are based off the recipe by Gimme Delicious (http://gimmedelicious.com/2016/01/31/baked-buffalo-cauliflower-wings/)
BBQ CAULIFLOWER WINGS:
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup rice flour*
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (I used buttery flavoured coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cut up cauliflower and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together almond milk, cold water, rice flour and spices.
- Add half of the cut up cauliflower to mixture. Stir to make sure all of the florets are coated evenly. On a parchment lined baking sheet, take out coated florets, one by one (with tongs), making sure to to let excess mixture drizzle off. Repeat with second half of cauliflower florets, ensure no pieces are touching each other on the baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, flipping half way through. Meanwhile, heat bbq sauce and vegan butter in small pot, mixing together.
- Remove cauliflower wings from oven and brush with bbq mixture. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip cauliflower wings and brush the other side with rest of bbq mixture. Bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
*gluten-free rice flour works best for crispiness. I have used all-purpose flour as well, but find it doesn’t get as crispy as the rice flour.
- 1/4 onion, chopped finely
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tomato, chopped finely
- Lime juice, from half a lime
- 2 avocados
- Large handful of fresh cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- Drizzle of sriracha
- Add ingredients to food processor and blend to combine.