I LOVE having these pure energy balls in the fridge! I find myself needing one of these at least once a day. They are a great healthy boost of energy when you need some. They also make a perfect pre-workout snack or to cure those hunger pains and tie you over until your next meal. Full of healthy fats and plant-based protein, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan, you literally cannot go wrong with incorporating these pure energy balls into your diet!
PURE ENERGY BALLS
- 1/2 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup un-refined coconut oil
- 1/3 coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Add all ingredients to food processor and blend until mixture forms a dough. Dough should be a little “wet” looking.
- Refrigerate “dough” for about 30 mins or put in freezer for about 10 minutes (chilling allows mixture to be much easier to shape into balls).
- Shape into balls and store in fridge or freezer. I prefer them straight out of the fridge (chilled) when consuming!
*Recipe lightly adapted from http://www.leefromamerica.com/blog/2017/3/14/coconut-fat-balls