I’m sure you all have realized my obsession with ramen noodle bowls by now. Well here is another variation of one I love to make!
Chuck out those pre-packaged, chemical laden, ramen noodle packs and make way for this delicious miso ramen broth. Easy to make, you will feel proud you created this from scratch and your body will thank you for nourishing it with real foods. The salty umami flavour from the miso broth, paired with your favourite toppings and noodles, makes this a super satisfying plant-based meal!
MISO RAMEN BROTH
- 1 tbsp olive oil/grape seed oil/refined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 onion, cut in thin wedges
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3-4 inch piece of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetable bouillon
- 3 tbsp or more tamari (depending how salty you like it)
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and sesame oil on medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté a few more minutes, until onion starts to brown.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Mix in vegetable bouillon and tamari. Reduce heat and simmer on low for about 1 hour.
- Mix in miso paste.
- Strain broth through a fine hole strainer. Add your favourite noodles (I love these organic rice ramen noodles https://shop.lotusfoods.com/Organic-Jade-Pearl-Rice-Ramen-4-Ramen-Cakes/p/LOT-602028&c=LotusFoods@Ramen ) and toppings. My favourites are crispy tofu, steamed broccoli & spinach, sliced avocado and black sesame seeds!
*recipe adapted from The Minimalist Baker