This is a super easy and healthy recipe to whip up! Especially good for those times you are feeling run down, where you know you need to fuel your body with healthy foods but just don’t have the energy! Also a great recipe for those who are gluten-free, dairy free and/or vegan!
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, halved & sliced into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jar canned tomatoes (I used homemade out of my pantry, but a small can of diced tomatoes will also do the trick)
- 1 head broccoli, cut into crowns
- 1 red pepper, chopped into large chunks
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Fresh basil & oregano chopped (or dried)
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Pasta of choice – I used gluten-free brown rice speghetti
- Add water & salt to large pot for pasta and cook accordingly.
- Heat large skillet and add olive oil & chopped onion. Sauté on low-med heat for 5 mins. Add garlic, broccoli & canned tomatoes & herbs (only if using dried). Bring to a simmer and sauté 5 mins. Add red pepper, zucchini, spinach, chickpeas & herbs (if using fresh) and sauté until veggies are cooked but still crunchy (I love a little crunch in my veggies!). Season with sea salt & pepper.
- Drain pasta and mix in with vegetable sauce.